Is There an Effective Poison Ivy Treatment?
When summer approaches each year, people seem to know and accept that getting skin rashes caused by exposure to poison ivy, oak, or sumac is just a part of life. In fact, poison ivy is found throughout most of the continental United States, and is easily identified by its 3-leaf pattern, yet somehow contact with it seems unavoidable while enjoying typical outdoor activities such as hiking or camping. The most common reaction of poison ivy exposure is excessive itching and a red rash where your skin came in contact with the plant.
In some cases, poison ivy may cause the skin to blister. The symptoms of poison ivy can last for a few weeks, and the worst usually occurs within the first week.
The good news is that you don’t have to suffer for weeks on end with a poison ivy rash. Effective poison ivy treatments are easy to design, and Dr. Atul Shah of the Center for Asthma & Allergy can help. Let our caring, dedicated Board Certified allergy specialist tailor a poison ivy treatment plan for you so that you can stop scratching and get back to enjoying life. Patients who have had poison ivy in the past are likely to develop a rash even with the smallest exposure to these plants.
If you’re suffering from an itchy, annoying poison ivy rash, come see world-class allergist Dr. Atul Shah. The Center for Asthma & Allergy in Shirley, Long Island, New York has proudly served Suffolk County for over a decade and gladly welcomes new patients. Please contact Dr. Shah’s office at 631-395-5464 for a consultation to discuss all of your symptoms with Long Island’s premier allergy & asthma specialist.